Retail Week magazine recently released their Supply Chain Management Supplement, included is an article by Simon Jack who reports on how attracting the best talent into supply chain logistics is imperative for major retailers.
With insights from experts in their field, the article addresses two burning questions:
- ‘What are the evolving skills of the logistics professional?’
- ‘What is the most effective way of promoting this career choice?’
Our very own Andy Kaye, CEO at Bis Henderson Group who is best placed to provide expert opinion on the subject, was asked to contribute. Along side his industry and recruitment experience, Andy is also passionate about developing and inspiring young talent in the industry and was instrumental in conceiving and implementing the Novus Trust, of which he is Chairman. He also founded Bis Henderson Academy a number of years ago that aims to deliver training and upskilling programmes to develop the supply chain and logistics professionals of the future.
Andy was in good company in the article with other contributions coming from:
- Sally Gilson, Freight Transport Association
- John Boulter, DHL
- Steve Gibb, Dixons Carphone
- Huw Jenkins, Wincanton
- Andy Perry, The Co-op
- Lesley Baynes, Marks & Spencer’s
- Dave Ashwell, AO Logistics
- Chris Dolby, XPO Logistics
- Terry Siddle, Pets at Home