Our client is a fast-growing young business, utilising pioneering wind powered technology to develop products for the shipping industry globally, to deliver a sustainable future.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional, with experience of procuring raw materials and Far East sourcing, to join the business in a new role which will develop the Procurement function in line with the commercial growth of the business.
- Development of Procurement process and policy in line with business objectives
- Development of the supply base, sourcing and onboarding of new suppliers, development of supplier relationships
- Management of tender processes where required, evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- Negotiation and agreement of contracts, post contract supplier management
- Work closely with the Engineering and Projects functions to determine the demand for materials and components, suppliers and the timescale
- Ensure product supply is aligned to quality standards, timescales and quantities required
- Reporting and data analysis, monitoring of price trends, cost of sale and communication to the business
Skills & Experience
- A procurement background in manufacturing or engineering (shipping/marine sector beneficial but not essential)
- Experience of setting up sound Procurement systems and processes
- Experience of working with engineering stakeholders
- Proven raw materials and component sourcing (steel, resin, glass would be useful but not essential)
- Far East Sourcing experience, liaising with suppliers and manufacturers in the Far East
- Ability to identify procurement opportunities using strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- High level of attention to detail and organisational ability
- Degree, MCIPS preferred.
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.