Our client is a well-established food production business with a diverse customer base and an ambitious global outlook, strong customer focus and commitment to quality, sustainability and ethical supply chain management. Employees are provided with opportunities to thrive within this innovative and fast-moving business.
The Procurement Manager is an integral role within the business, who will manage commercial relationships with suppliers to ensure low risk security of supply and a competitive cost base that will enable continued growth through supply of high quality, innovative products.
- Develop and implement efficient procurement strategy and Category Sourcing plans for raw materials, packaging and non-production external spend aligned with broader business objectives, influencing all stakeholders (R&D, supply chain, quality, operations).
- Develop tools and procurement processes to transform the procurement function into a true business partner of internal stakeholders.
- Ensure low risk security of supply for all business needs
- Continually assess all data affecting key global commodity markets in order to justify dynamic hedging strategies.
- In conjunction with R&D and others, develop, implement and lead supplier management plans that ensure product quality, support innovation, optimise total cost
- Monitor supplier performance against OTIF targets, leadtimes, quality, sustainability and ethical risk factors (via SEDEX): delisting and introducing new suppliers as necessary to manage supply chain risk and ensure continuous improvement.
- Lead contingency planning for key ingredients and identify potential suppliers to support new innovation.
- Identify savings opportunities across the business
- Support commercial negotiations with relevant market information, providing regular market updates including latest market trends for key customers.
- Through coaching manage the performance and development of your direct report including setting and reviewing objectives.
Essential Skills and Experience
- MCIPS qualified
- Wide and deep strategic sourcing skills across multiple spend categories which must include experience in grain markets (wheat and maize)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in food procurement
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, able to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels
- Strong supplier relationship management skills
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and entrepreneurial spirit, a hands-on approach
- Demonstrable negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Incoterms and tariffs
- Used to working within a fast-moving pressurised environment
- Experience of identifying, and managing step-change transformation projects & streams of work to reduce costs
- Knowledge of interacting across cultural boundaries
- High level of drive, commitment and motivation
- Leadership experience
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.