Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
Due to our automotive engineering client’s continued growth, they are looking for a Material Planner to join the team. Reporting to the Materials Manager, you will be responsible for planning, releasing, scheduling, expediting and monitoring materials required for production. In addition to this, you will manage daily inventory and supplier schedules, and analyse, coordinate and communicate detailed production planning material requirements.
- Identify demand requirements and manage orders with suppliers
- Ensure materials are available to meet production plans
- Day to day management of orders and deliveries
- Review MRP results, issue schedules to suppliers and resolve issues
- Create regular statistical reports
- Support supplier meetings and negotiations
- Manage the supplier on a day to day basis monitoring and reporting on performance data.
- Experience of using an ERP- MRP system
- Previous experience of working as a materials planner/controller
- Strong communication skills
- Commercial awareness and a full understanding of how failure impacts costs, production, manufacture and order fulfilment
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.