Location: Work from homeand visit multi sites in the UK
Salary: £50,000-£55,000 base salary plus pension
An opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Manager to join the senior management team of a large retail/e-commerce company. You will have a logistics background.
As a health and safety manager, you will be responsible for leading and developing a culture of continuous improvement, driving best in-class activity, safe working practices and operational safety excellence in-line with guidelines and objectives. Your role will involve examining corporate activities to determine where improvements can be made and ensuring compliance across the logistics organisation specifically within the RFC functions.
- The main purpose is; to improve the safety performance by providing professional site Health & Safety advice to site management which ensures legal compliance, improves our safety standards and ensures the company is recognised as a responsible employer.
- Process owner and local controller of the Audit process
- To support site in the cost-effective delivery of facilities/maintenance services, with least disruption to site activities.
- You will be involved in all elements of health & safety management for the site, including the definition of HS&E policy, risk management, incident management & response, budget control, training & development, and maintenance of all documentation.
- You will be NEBOSH qualified and have significant experience in health & safety gained in an operational or production environment.
- Demonstrate taht you will take ownership
- You will need to have a good understanding of FMCG environments.
- Equally important is your ability to lead, influence and drive high levels of performance across the site and work collaboratively with key management staff.
- It goes without saying that you will be a logical thinker who is capable of showing initiative and not afraid to make decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes.
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.