Peterborough or London with hybrid working.
Our client in the education sector has an opportunity for a Head of Procurement to join them in a stand-alone role with responsibility for the ongoing development and implementation of a robust procurement and contract management strategy across their portfolio of 90+ sites.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will work closely with central, regional and individual site teams to deliver an effective procurement framework, influencing spend and identifying and leveraging synergies to manage Group spend.
- Review and update the procurement strategy, lead the implementation of procurement plans and strategies for key areas of expenditure
- Maximise the value for money obtained in the acquisition of goods and services through sustainable, efficient and effective practices including the management of risks and compliance with Procurement Regulations.
- Lead the communication of the procurement strategy, engage with senior staff in the delivery of the strategy & provide professional procurement advice and support
- Establish a supplier management process to be used both centrally and locally
- Oversee central Group contracts to ensure excellent service and compliance
- Oversee key national complex or high-risk procurement activities, working closely with central and local teams
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand needs, future procurement requirements
- Promote group contracts and framework agreements that represent best value, reducing off-contract spend to a minimum
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive procurement experience gained with large multi-site employer in the public sector
- Educated to degree standard, or equivalent.
- MCIPS qualification preferred
- An in-depth knowledge of contract and other law relating to procurement and the implications of non-compliance
- Strong track record of results and delivery in procurement
- Evidence of a track record in devising, developing and delivering a Procurement Strategy in a large and complex organisation.
- Experience of delivering procurement frameworks in a large, complex organisation
- Understanding of and experience in category management
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills. Able to make complex information clear, simple and understandable.
- Excellent negotiating skills required to maximise commercial opportunities. The ability to communicate, influence and persuade stakeholders at all levels and both internally and externally in order to establish credibility and trust and build effective networks.
- The ability to undertake financial appraisals and identify, develop and implement commercial opportunities.
- Highly developed analytical skills and experienced in using data to drive decision making.
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.