Location: North London
Salary: £60K + additional benefits
To lead and manage all aspects of the service centre operation, ensuring achievement of budgeted and/or targeted service, cost and quality performance, and supporting budgeted revenue achievement.
Responsible and accountable for the effective management of all applicable resources for the location, including PAYE colleagues, third party subcontractors and owner drivers and premises, equipment and consumables, ensuring the most cost effective and high quality performance is delivered.
Drive and lead the turnaround strategy to deliver a fully integrated service centre operation in line with the company’s plans and projects in this regard.
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate the managers, colleagues & suppliers manning the physical operations.
- Maximise the service, cost and quality performance of the service centre by continually exploring opportunities to align, combine or fully integrate the activities of employed and subcontracted resources in the facility.
- Ensure targets and KPI’s are achieved, and where possible exceeded, through effective control, monitoring and review.
- Introduce and execute productivity improvement; promoting increased efficiencies and service and quality performance in the operation.
- Communicate, implement and maintain company policy and procedures throughout the site.
- Establish and deploy robust control mechanisms to facilitate all site spend in line with company procedure and agreed budgets.
- Develop and manage commercial relationships with customers and suppliers through the maintenance of service/product processes to deliver excellent customer service; promoting organic growth and reducing customer attrition.
- Drive and support conversion of new business with SC DSM ensuring robust sourcing and on boarding of customers in turn growing the top line and profitability of the business.
- Participate in cross functional teams to identify and deploy pipeline improvements to underpin overall Company business objectives.
- Lead colleagues through change activity by deploying and implementing positive communication plans.
- Improve site and colleague standards through development, training, communication, fair and consistent implementation of discipline procedures.
- Create an environment of staff partnership through effective use of the Ask Personnel Team and business partners.
- Implement and maintain Health and Safety and Security Policies.
- Ensure all colleagues understand all postal license and customer contractual security obligations.
- Ensure all colleagues and contractors or owner drivers comply with the appropriate vetting criteria.
- Fully deploy performance management by setting stretching but achievable objectives for the management team.
- Evident line management experience in production/logistics/mail/ parcels services environment to at least the same level of responsibility.
- Sound knowledge of performance management
- Proven record of successful customer interface and supplier management.
- Experience of managing a diverse workforce with particular emphasis on managing third party contractors.
- Experience of managing budgets in excess of £4m
- Ability to use Microsoft XP (Excel, Word, Email, Access, PowerPoint) or similar data base.
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.