European Transport Planner
We are working with a growing Transport & Logistics business who are really focused developing their international groupage offering this year; increasing their fleet and customer base within the chilled and frozen distribution sector. To contribute to the overall growth, they are in the market to hire a Transport Planner within their fast paced transport office.
Based in Dover, they are looking for an intelligent and experienced candidate who can pick up their systems quickly and efficiently to help get product out on time and to their required destinations. A confident personality, excellent communicator who can integrate into the team, provide good knowledge and experience so the team runs smoothly and efficiently. You will be dealing with a fleet size in the region of 35 vehicles.
The successful candidate must have road planning experience in Europe and enjoy planning loads for scheduled distribution operations and liaising with drivers and internal customers.
- Planning of vehicles in and around Europe
- Ensuring compliance to transport budgets
- Effective communication between office, customers, sub-contractors, drivers and any other parties involved in the process
- General administration
Key skills / person specification:
- At least 3 years’ experience in the haulage/freight forwarding industry and have a good understanding of all aspects of fleet and driver management
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Great team player
- Query resolution
- A passion for personal development
If this sounds like you – please apply today!
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.