Location: Aylesbury area
Salary: £50-£55K plus package
A strong management background in a fast-paced Transport environment is needed for this key role providing a B2B and B2C delivery service. You will need a thorough understanding of modern transport systems and strong leadership qualities along with the credibility and gravitas necessary to engage with a team of drivers and the ancillary staff needed to support the transport function. Must have a CPC.
- You will ensure that the day-to-day transport and dispatch activities are effectively and efficiently managed, including vehicle scheduling, fleet management and legislative vehicle operational requirements.
- You will be committed to delivering high levels of customer satisfaction, will have the capacity to identify areas for improved productivity and will be an advocate of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- You will require commercial acumen and a proactive approach to cost control and budgetary management that will enable you to improve the financial efficiencies of the Transport function.
- You will be an inspirational leader with a broad experience of managing large teams FMCG environment and will have the capacity to be instrumental in creating a highly productive, customer centric work ethos within your delivery team.
- A CPC qualification is essential
- Carrier management experience
- Ideally start up experience
- Proven ability to manage costs and drive efficiencies
- A working knowledge of Transport Planning software and Telematics systems.
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.