Salary: £27,000 (negotiable) + bonus & benefits.
Our client is a leading manufacturer with an outstanding reputation within their field. As they continue to grow off the back of their success, they are now looking to make a key appointment within their Purchasing team.
The key focus of the role will be to support and play a lead role in the sourcing, procurement and inventory levels of key component purchases to support their manufacturing processes.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this will be a great opportunity for a keen, ambitious Buyer who is looking to broaden their experience.
- Support the line manager in addressing the day-to day issues of a busy purchasing office.
- Play a role in the development of the ongoing purchasing strategy.
- Work with internal stakeholders particularly within Production to establish key, prioritised purchasing requirements.
- Negotiate effectively with suppliers and seek to build relationships with suppliers to support effective purchasing plans going forward.
- Research and identify alternative suppliers to meet changing business needs.
- Analyse data related to spend, demand and quality to support ongoing business improvements.
- Possess previous experience within a buyer role preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Be data-driven and capable of interpreting trends and issues.
- Be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively to deliver a joined up approach to purchasing and supplier management.
- Possess the personal communications skills to build relationships with external suppliers and internal teams.
- Be comfortable working within a fast-paced working environment.
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.