This is an opportunity to join a well-established award-winning, technology-led logistics service provider working with a client base of well-known organisations. The Buyer will support the Procurement Manager in the end-to-end procurement process and supplier relationship management of freight providers, working as a business partner with sales and operations.
- Support the tender process, onboarding and management of carriers in line with agreed service levels (SLA’s) and business requirements.
- Work closely with sales and operations, provide up to date pricing information
- Deliver value by deploying best practice / best value carriers.
- Ensure utilisation of appointed carriers by operations
- Supplier Relationship Management.
- Support carrier forecasting and volume review (completed monthly) in line with the SRM
- Procurement experience gained ideally within a logistics, distribution or supply chain environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Able to work under pressure
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.