Our client is a leading wholesale and retail business who have a requirement for a high calibre transport professional to join their senior team.
The Transport Operations Manager will take responsibility for a shift of Transport Section Managers and Clerks by giving direction and monitoring performance that assists the Transport Manager in ensuring that the department operates efficiently and effectively whilst providing a quality service to the customer and stores.
- Legal compliance with legislation and all statutory obligations for fleet management, maintenance and drivers’ hours, tachograph compliance.
- Ensure DCPC training is up to date
- Management, leadership and development of the Transport section managers and clerks
- Daily/weekly reporting and KPI management
- Budget costs
- Management of the Transport Operation to the satisfaction of the Company maintaining the required service levels within budgetary constraints and operational KPI targets
Essential Experience and Skills
- International CPC Qualification
- Experienced in use of Paragon Planning system
- Good numerical and analytical skills with strong attention to detail to ensure documentation is correct and error free.
- Must have experience of working in a Transport environment and full knowledge of Transport legislation.
- Experienced in performing driver debriefs
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
Recruiting a similar role?
Bis Henderson work with businesses to hire professionals on a permanent and interim basis across professional, management and executive roles.
Specialising in Supply Chain recruitment, Logistics recruitment, Procurement recruitment and eCommerce recruitment, we deliver candidates that meet your objectives – every time.
For more information please call 01494 620 160.
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.