Our client, a leading global distribution business, is recruiting a Junior Buyer to support the Procurement & Planning function. This is an opportunity for a Junior Buyer with a solid understanding of Procurement and Inventory Management principles to support transformation of the function, driving innovation and working closely with the wider Inventory Management team to ensure optimal route of supply and customer service.
This role will ensure purchase orders are placed effectively and to service level KPI’s in line with the correct cost, MOQ and optimal route of supply.
- Circa 3 years’ experience within an inventory management or Procurement function preferably within a fast-paced distribution environment
- Established credentials of working with high SKU counts, suppliers and customers across many countries
- Previous experience of ERP systems such as Oracle, JDA, SAP or bespoke company tailored inventory planning systems
- Proven track record of supplier facing engagement with a strong emphasis of relationship building along with a customer centric attitude
- Good Microsoft Excel, Access, Power BI and data manipulation skills with the demonstrated ability to process into tangible outputs, recommendations and actions
- Sound commercial and business acumen with a keen eye on internal and external global market factors and trends
- Prior experience in communication infrastructure, security technology, wire and cable or other electrical/electronic products desirable, but not essential.
Recruiting a similar role?
Bis Henderson work with businesses to hire professionals on a permanent and interim basis across professional, management and executive roles.
Specialising in Supply Chain recruitment, Logistics recruitment, Procurement recruitment and eCommerce recruitment, we deliver candidates that meet your objectives – every time.
For more information please call 01494 620 160.
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.