South London / Surrey
£50,000 per annum
Our Retail Client is seeking an Inventory Manager with multichannel experience to manage the warehouse inventory and control the inventory stock. You will have experience of being fully accountable for an inventory function within a warehouse operation or you will have solid management experience within an inventory function in a warehouse operation ideally from the retail industry. You will have a deep understanding of warehouse inventory operations and be able to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Inventory management activities – cyclic counting, PI or perpetual inventory, stock movements, replenishment, location sizing, directed putaway etc
- Good knowledge of inventory management systems, experience of managing inventory within WMS preferably Microsoft NAV
- A solid grasp of the need to maintain synchronisation between physical and logical inventory
- Ability to act as Subject Matter Expert on Inventory matters
- Experience of operating in a highly seasonal B2C and/or B2B environment
- Obsessed with stock accuracy and following correct procedures to maintain accuracy
- Able to set clear tactical direction and short/medium term goals to the inventory management and supervisory team
- Be an ambassador for the right behaviours to the whole inventory team and wider warehouse operative team
- Coach, develop and identifying training needs for all members of the team
- Strong organisational skills to ensure daily and weekly tasks are achieved
- Resource planning and rota skills to manage people versus activity
- Effective communication to operational senior management and business wide stakeholders
- A good eye for detail
- Highly analytical
- Strong Excel skills and PC Literate
Recruiting a similar role?
Bis Henderson work with businesses to hire professionals on a permanent and interim basis across professional, management and executive roles.
Specialising in Supply Chain recruitment, Logistics recruitment, Procurement recruitment and eCommerce recruitment, we deliver candidates that meet your objectives – every time.
For more information please call 01494 620 160.
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.