Due to consistent growth over recent years our client is looking to recruit a Head of Transport; a forward thinker, natural leader and a self-starter, you will be asking the questions and driving the business to maximise the performance of the Distribution division. You will take ownership for and deliver key projects within the business and drive sustainable improvements into the operation.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will be responsible for the following;
- Manage Distribution operation via Transport team
- Be focal point to lead Department through change required in line with Company Strategy
- Execute and deliver strategic cost-saving initiatives as outlined and agreed
- Understand the key drivers of the operation, producing accurate and meaningful KPI’s which management will in turn use to improve the productivity and profitability of the operation
- Manage and successfully deliver key strategic projects within division to improve financial and service performance
- Identify and deliver operational improvements which ensure excellence within the operation
- Budgetary responsibility of around £20million
- Develop, implement and uphold SOP’s for operation building robust systems and process
- Ensure that the operation is planned & controlled in a pro-active, constructive and progressive manner to leverage costs positively vs. revenue
- A capable, knowledgeable candidate who is unafraid of working across a fast-paced 24 hour operation with significant pressures and deadlines
- Experience of managing and delivering change
- Relevant transport experience including network operations
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to understand granular detail at an operational and financial level and use this to drive bigger picture financial improvements on a consistent basis
- CPC holder
This role would suit a Head of Transport, Transport Manager, UK Transport Manager, Logistics Manager, General Haulage Manager, Senior Transport Manger, UK Senior Transport Manager, Head of Fleet, Transport Director
Recruiting a similar role?
Bis Henderson work with businesses to hire professionals on a permanent and interim basis across professional, management and executive roles.
Specialising in Supply Chain recruitment, Logistics recruitment, Procurement recruitment and eCommerce recruitment, we deliver candidates that meet your objectives – every time.
For more information please call 01494 620 160.
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.