Freight Team Leader
Our client a leader in the Freight Forwarding market and are expanding their operations team. They require a Team Leader to manage a small team of logistics professionals involved in the import, export and inventory control for its clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
* managing the relationship with our client’s 3rd party logistics contractors
* ensuring that stock checks are conducted by the 3PL service providers
* ensuring that all import and export regulatory requirements are met, eg duty, intrastats etc
* acting as the interface between the company and its logistics service partners
* identifying opportunities to improve processes and reduce costs
You will be responsible for the motivation and development of your team and have the ability to bring about change.
Key requirement of this role are a good basic understanding of SAP and Excel and a good technical knowledge of import/export regulations and an understanding of European VAT rules would be an advantage.
Recruiting a similar role?
Bis Henderson work with businesses to hire professionals on a permanent and interim basis across professional, management and executive roles.
Specialising in Supply Chain recruitment, Logistics recruitment, Procurement recruitment and eCommerce recruitment, we deliver candidates that meet your objectives – every time.
For more information please call 01604 876345.
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.