This rapidly expanding parcel delivery company are looking for a hands on Transport Assistant to be responsible for the route and driver resource planning of afternoon collections for approximately 15 owner drivers and carry out their daily debriefs. You will need good communication skills both written and verbal and experience of office based transport systems, have a customer focused attitude to be able to liaise with the customer and resolve queries when necessary. This role offers career development for the right candidate with the opportunity to be a part of a small but rapidly expanding parcel delivery company who are looking for someone who can expand the operational team and develop the role.
- Managing the control aspect of the afternoon collections
- Maintaining customer relationships and expectations
- Planning collection routes
- Driver debriefs
- Responding to email and telephone enquiries from other depots
- Good communication skills
- Experience from an office based transport operation.
- Have a customer first approach
- Good computer knowledge
- Full driving licence
- Fork lift truck licence is desirable
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.