A leading 3PL is looking for a results focused and customer service driven General Manager to lead one of their key e-commerce distribution operations across warehousing and transport.
This is a dynamic multi-shift operation and calls for a distribution professional with inspirational leadership qualities to take operational and P&L responsibility for a large Distribution Centre that services multiple clients. This role will give you responsibility across the Warehousing, Fulfilment, Returns and Transport functions. The high tech DC has an extremely large complement of staff across all functions and it is serviced by a significant fleet of vehicles. It goes without saying that we seek candidates with a strong operational background, a strategic mind-set and the gravitas needed to manage all the complexities involved in running an operation of this size.
- You will be instrumental in creating a highly productive, customer-centric work ethos.
- Identifying areas for improved processes /productivity and being an advocate of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Reviewing and planning operational and resource capabilities to support seasonal trends and future growth.
- Full P&L accountability.
- Legal compliance across H&S and fleet
- Accomplished in leading large-scale e-fulfilment / warehouse and transport operations with a thorough understanding of modern distribution and logistics procedures.
- Proven experience of engaging with a large workforce within a unionised environment and gaining their respect.
- Good commercial acumen along with experience of building excellent working relationship with clients.
- Financially astute with the capacity to improve business efficiencies through effective cost control and budgeting
- Change management skills with experience of leading and motivating teams through changes in operational practices and system upgrades.
- Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of modern WMS and TMS.
- Transport Manager CPC advantageous
The on-going rise of e-commerce and continually evolving customer expectations means that this operation has an ever-shifting landscape. You would be joining this organisation at an exciting juncture of their continuing growth and development. Bis Henderson Recruitment would not only be interested in hearing from candidates with an e-commerce / retail logistics background but we would also value interest from candidates with a background in a fast-paced, high-volume environment such as mail or parcels. Apply today!
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.