We are looking for a highly experienced General Manager to lead a large-scale and complex automated distribution operation. The ideal candidate should have significant experience in food or even pharmaceutical distribution, possess strong project management skills and have a proven track record of successful budgetary management.
The DC Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the warehouse and transport operations ensuring that operational objectives are met, customer needs are satisfied, and performance targets are achieved.
The ideal candidate should have experience of managing large teams of in excess of 300 people, strong project management experience, good customer engagement skills, excellent leadership abilities, and previous experience in managing large-scale change. You should also be familiar with a six sigma culture and have experience in managing large-scale complex projects.
- Oversee and manage all warehouse and transport operations to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage and maintain inventory levels and ensure accurate and timely record-keeping.
- Develop and implement operational strategies, policies, and procedures to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, industry standards, and company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and stakeholders to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Manage budgets, forecasts, and financial reports, ensuring that all operations are financially viable.
- Evaluate and analyse data to make informed decisions and improve operational performance.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Senior-level operational capabilities
- Six Sigma culture
- Good customer engagement skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership abilities with the ability to manage and motivate teams of in excess of 300 people.
- Experience managing large-scale change initiatives.
If you possess the skills and experience required for this role, Bis Henderson Recruitment would be keen to hear from you. Apply today!
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.