Our client, a world-class prestigious automotive manufacturer, is recruiting a Buyer to join their Procurement team, to procure a defined range of components, ensuring strong commercial terms, excellent quality and delivery service levels are secured.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Develop and maintain commodity strategies for a specific range of commodities, which meet the short as well as the long term aims of the business.
- Evaluation of cost data and quotation analysis and the identification of cost saving opportunities.
- Effectively manage total cost and contractual negotiations with current and potential suppliers.
- maintaining strong supplier relationships.
- Manage supplier performance for both vehicle launch and current vehicle phases
- Provide Procurement / commercial input into cross-functional teams
- Understand and support the quality department in achieving full Quality Approval
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focusing on business ‘Best Practice’ initiatives.
- Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent), MCIPS desirable
- Procurement experience in direct materials
- Experience of working within a strategic Procurement function
- Experienced in supplier evaluation
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- A full driving licence is required as there will be possible travel to other sites
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.